13th single - Himawari (Sunflower)

Discussion about their newest singles, albums, DVDs and stuffs!

Re: 13th single - Himawari (Sunflower)

Postby Grudji » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:12 pm

I do think they hope to sell loads of low cost versions to make more money than usual. But when you're on the customer side... I'd rather be broke by buying the regular version. But I guess they know what they're doing, right ! I don't think they'd be happy to lose money. I'm also disappointed to know that Shiny Road is the B track. I love this song but I was expecting a new song but nope, only one new song in my music player. Ahh... I'm already looking forward for the next album.
/dance1
Grudji
Air Crew

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby KalvinET » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:35 pm

wattstax wrote:It is even stranger. The sales of the singles will be split between the two songs as some people won't buy both versions. The Shiny Road version won't count for Oricon regarding the rank of Himawari.
And the cost for both low budget singles would be the same as the economy version. So no reason to buy, if you want both songs.
Maybe they expect sales from fans of the movie, Shiny Road was the title music for.

But what the hell, we are no marketing experts :D

Oh yeah, forgot about this!! So even less sense to me /spin

We can only hope they do well, or are only testing new stuff. Well, won't buy the "Scumm classSuper Economy class" version, since my friggin' JEJEJEJET!! STILL DID NOT CAME... /table /kill1
Sorry for the scumm class thing, still can't help remembering Top Gear, and this one song thing hit me badly!

Please make sure to fasten your seatbelts. Flight engineer Iwamura Natsumi wishes you a good flight!
KalvinET
Captain

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 21 times

Postby Grudji » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:29 am

Good news ! Here are the covers for Himawari. There are four of them but I wonder if I missed one because there should be another one with only 4 members. Anyway, I love these covers.

Spoiler: show
Grudji
Air Crew

Postby wattstax » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:06 pm

Like the new uniform. Colours are nice and it is not that loose and more conform to their bodies.
Annya's Face on the 3rd cover doesn't look that good though.
I understand your miss of a cover with the other 4 members. But there are only 4 versions, right? Or is the 4th pic a promotional one?
For me the question is more: Why splitting them in 5 + 4? 3 x 3 like with Perfect Sky makes more sense. And aren't those 5 crew members not the most popular of the bunch? A bit unfair to the other 4, if they make a sale contest out of it.

But anyway: Very exited!

Here is the missing 4th cover: (really with 3 of my favourite members)
image.jpg
image.jpg (119.23 KiB) Viewed 8993 times
Last edited by wattstax on Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wattstax
Purser

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Grudji » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:03 pm

wattstax wrote:Annya's Face on the 3rd cover doesn't look that good though.

I personally think that Annya is very beautiful on this one
/loveyou

wattstax wrote:I understand your miss of a cover with the other 4 members. But there are only 4 versions, right? Or is the 4th pic a promotional one?

Yes it's a promotional one. I guess I can be very stupid sometimes. 4 versions and the promotional picture.

wattstax wrote:For me the question is more: Why splitting them in 5 + 4? 3 x 3 like with Perfect Sky makes more sense. And aren't those 5 crew members not the most popular of the bunch? A bit unfair to the other 4, if they make a sale contest out of it.

Well I guess I can't answer to this one... It's like this idea of low cost version, who knows what they really have in mind

My turn to ask questions :p is it normal that I see your picture in a very low quality ? My computer can do tricks sometimes
Grudji
Air Crew

Postby wattstax » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Grudji wrote:
wattstax wrote:My turn to ask questions :p is it normal that I see your picture in a very low quality ? My computer can do tricks sometimes

How dare you :P
Yeah, I am not at home right now, can only use my mobile. So sorry :( But I was able to post the higher quality version! Please have a look again ;)
Your first posted cover will be for the First Class Edition, your second the Economy Class Version, the split ones for the low cost. Couldn't find out if for a specific song or both versions with one of the two covers.

And to Annya: Of course she looks fine, but her expression can be much more beautiful (I remember her last showroom: "Senpai ishoni..." lovely). Not that we misunderstand each other ;)
wattstax
Purser

Postby wattstax » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:20 am

The short version of the PV is out. I like it how they are shown playing instruments again!

I must say, that the song live is even much better. But that's the same with every other Passpo song :D
Hopefully the single gets the high chart position it deserves. Will make the girls happy :)
wattstax
Purser

Postby Grudji » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:38 am

I'm going to hit the replay button over and over again. I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH.
The girls will never disappoint me so I do my best to don't disappoint them. We have to share it everywhere.
/go /crazy
Grudji
Air Crew

Postby wiru48 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:17 am

This PV remember me Sakura Komachi, when it have a camera on the center and all of the girls are in the screen, but ultimately the close on their faces are better!
I wish the full PV can be really good, they don't fail to show us how happy they are to do what they do: make rock, enjoying each other, and make us smile /shaken

And I hope the passengers can buy a lot (over 22k) to help the girls, 2014 is the five year of the group! It's time to grow up! to infinity and beyond /henshin

Ja wir schwören Stein und Bein, auf die Acht vom Shibuya, PASSPO☆ unser Dream-Crew, denn Du bist unser Gruppe!
wiru48
Air Crew

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby KalvinET » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:36 am

Totally! /yosh

I agree, it does resemble Sakura Komachi, a lot. Hopefully this time they show Nacchu a lot more (like, she had half second exclusive screen time in Sakura Komachi).
She had a fair screen time on Truly, she can have it as well on Himawari.

Interesting point: the name "himawari", sunflower, is written in Japanese with kanjis that don't have the readings, pretty much like tobaco (tabako in japanese), the kanjis that compose Himawari (向日葵) give the idea that it points to the sun, but could never be read as himawari actually, even if it's name is indeed this.

One thing I want is a clip less "band/idol unit" and more like "normal girls", you know, one where most of the screen time they don't show as an Idol group or band, but it would be cool to make one where they are passengers for example.

Please make sure to fasten your seatbelts. Flight engineer Iwamura Natsumi wishes you a good flight!
KalvinET
Captain

Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 21 times

PreviousNext

Return to PASSPO☆ News & Releases